Thursday: Isabell Carrico

Today was a slower paced day with only one meeting and one interview. The rest of the day I spent working on my white paper. With all this down time I have had to the chance to sit back and enjoy the excitement that comes with working in the administrative part of the hospital. I spent some time trying to compare my life in my cubicle to the show The Office, but failed to find any similarities. While trying to keep myself entertained I discovered the break room. I was disappointed when I did not find any snackies, but behold there was a keurig that in fact made hot chocolate. Yes I had hit the jackpot. I was walking out of the break room and was so excited to try my hot chocolate that I simultaneously burned my tongue and ran head on into the wall. Lucky for me, no one saw me, but I did unknowingly leave behind a trail of hot chocolate (I awkwardly heard the maintenance workers complaining about it later: sorry maintenance).
Overall, I have enjoyed getting to know everyone involved in the hospital system and how they all work together to provide optimal patient care. I have especially enjoyed getting to know my supervisor Christine Craig who is the head of government affairs for WakeMed. Not only does she have the best southern accent, but she is also one the smartest women I have ever met. She is the best at what she does and carries herself with class. She has quickly become one of my role models.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Garrett Sams: Why, Tysen?

Day 1 - Elena Tarullo

Day 4/5