DAY 5: On Friday I went to SeaWorld to meet with Lori Cherry. She and her coworker JP, who graduated from St. X in Louisville, showed me around the manatee rescue operation at SeaWorld. They took me behind the scenes to tell me all about the manatees they rescue and how they nurse them back to health. It turns out they care for manatees in a very similar way that doctors care for humans. There were about ten different pools in the manatee rescue center, and each had manatees needing a different amount of care. There was an emergency room, an ICU (intensive care unit), and all other pools in which doctors checked on the manatees different amounts. I learned why, how, and when they rescue manatees all across America. It was so cool to get to see and learn about SeaWorld's rescue operations. After the tour, we got free access to the rides and the park for the rest of the day!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Garrett Sams: Why, Tysen?

Day 1 - Elena Tarullo

Day 4/5