Day 5 - Meredith Schulten

My last day of Capstone was a great way to end the week. I went out to row in the morning and went the furthest I've gone all week. On my way back, there were 3 dolphins that were following my boat. I watched them, but then they disappeared for awhile so I continued rowing. I was very startled when the dolphins reappeared. I was expecting them to come tot he top of the water again; however, they came up right at the edge of my oar, which is only about 3 or 4 feet away from me. Not expecting them to come that close, I jumped back and almost fell out of my boat into the water. After regaining my balance i continued rowing slowly and the dolphins followed me, still at the edge of my oar. I was amazed at how close they came to me. I could see the details of their dorsal fins, their eyes, their blowholes. They followed me all the way down the marina until they trailed off towards the shore. Sadly, I don't have a picture of them since I don't take my phone out on the water with me. I had an amazing time learning to row this week and getting to row with dolphins that close to me was the perfect way to end my capstone week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Garrett Sams: Why, Tysen?

Day 1 - Elena Tarullo

Day 4/5