Day 5- Ethan Essex

I'm not sure if I'm still supposed to be doing these, but I guess I'll go ahead and do one last one.  I didn't see a prompt for today so I guess I'll just kind of wing it.  We finally finished filming today, at least we realize there are major plot holes that we have to refilm scenes for.  The script we wrote before this week was actually good, but then when we started filming and realized memorizing lines was time-consuming and it was way more fun to improv everything.  This created many logical flaws in the scenes we filmed.  The shots that were pretty on script were usually ruined by Tysen unknowingly being in the background of the shots playing with our tripod.  Not going to lie though he kind of has a right to do that considering we gave him around 4 lines in our 50+ page script.  I would be mad if I were Tysen too, but I'm not.  Other than that the only speed bumps we ran into were our outfits sporadically changing throughout days, wind interference, finding camera operators, and Henry turning our PG movie into an R rated movie within the matter of a 5 minute scene.  The biggest issue we had was trying to not laugh since everything was improv and we had no idea what anybody else was going to do.  That's pretty much it, now there are just a good two months of editing.  Hopefully, we'll have a movie to show one day, but it may just be more like a collection of short stories. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Garrett Sams: Why, Tysen?

Day 1 - Elena Tarullo

Day 4/5