Day 4- Elle Summerfield

DAY 4: Today was definitely the most exciting thus far! I drove to Blue Springs again to see the manatees because I thought since it was colder today, more manatees would go into the spring. When I arrived, a SeaWorld rescue truck was pulling in behind us. It turns out the truck was releasing two young orphan manatees who they had taken care of the past two years. I got to watch the whole process of tagging and releasing the manatees, and I also got to interview the manatee vet at SeaWorld, and the director of public relations. The director of public relations, Lori Cherry, went to Rhodes College, and she and my mom bonded over that. She then invited me to come to SeaWorld tomorrow to have a private behind the scenes tour of SeaWorld and all of their efforts to rescue and protect manatees and other sea animals. She said this tour will also mean I will get to enter SeaWorld for free and enjoy the park all afternoon after the tour, so even though witnessing the manatee release today was quite exciting, I have a feeling tomorrow will be even better. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Garrett Sams: Why, Tysen?

Day 1 - Elena Tarullo

Day 4/5