Caroline Brehm- Day 4


I made a lot of progress today. I sewed the borders onto the original design, and I began the process of securing the design to the batting and backing of the quilt. Sewing between the seams of all the pictures is tedious, but it is excited to be almost done. It has been great to work with a family friend, Eleanor, during this experience. Quilting can be extremely difficult, but Eleanor is always there to help me learn a new stitch or replace the bobbin thread when it runs out. I now have a much greater appreciation for how much practice and patience it takes to become really good at quilting. I’ve loved getting to spend more time with Eleanor and grow closer as we tackle the final parts of the quilt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Garrett Sams: Why, Tysen?

Day 1 - Elena Tarullo

Day 4/5