Capstone Day 5 - Ilya Verekhman

Today was the day where I completed my certification. I got up bright and early around 7:15 AM to head down to the pier at Fort Lauderdale. I got on the boat and we headed about 20-30 minutes out into the ocean to visit a wreck. As I was descending down to the ocean floor where the wreck was, it was kind of scary at first because I did not have any visibility until I got to the wreck because the wind and rain mixed up the ocean water with the sand. It was very cool and I have a couple videos below showing the marine life surrounding the wreck. On the second dive, we went to a shallow reef which was pretty cool to see the homes of fishes and other sea creatures. The reef is not as vibrant as the one in Key Largo because the reef there is protected, but I'll take what I can get. I collected some dead coral on the reef floor and a shell that a sea slug used to live in or some other animal. I have a video below of the reef as well.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Garrett Sams: Why, Tysen?

Day 1 - Elena Tarullo

Day 4/5